This page lists my other activities, such as teaching, organized conferences, and media performances.
I have a Master’s in Education, and have enjoyed teaching and supervising theses in a variety of contexts and at a number of institutions:
Utrecht University, Department of Languages, Culture and Communication
– Course ‘Letterkunde Nederlands II: Vroegmoderne Tijd’ (BA 1)
– Course ‘De jeugd had de toekomst’ (BA 3)
– Course ‘Latijn in de vroegmoderne wereld’ (BA 3)
– Course ‘Corpusonderzoek in de neerlandistiek’ (BA 3)
– Course ‘Goed in Geesteswetenschappen’ (Honours)
– BA thesis supervisor
Radboud University Nijmegen, Department of Dutch Language and Culture/Radboud Teachers’ Academy
– Course ‘Academische en Professionele Ontwikkeling 2’ (MA)
– Course ‘Gek op Boeken’ (MA)
– Various guest lectures (REMA)
– MA thesis supervisor
Stedelijk Gymnasium Nijmegen
Furthermore, I have given multiple guest lectures at the universities of Amsterdam, Gdańsk, Leuven, Nijmegen, and Wrocław. I have also given lectures at a number of secondary schools, on the topic of performing research in the humanities.
‘Contesting European Centres and Peripheries: Transnational Pasts and Processes of In-/Exclusion’ (with prof. dr. Marguérite Corporaal)
HLCS Conference – Is Europe Inclusive? Politics, Discources and Practices
Radboud University Nijmegen, 14-15 November 2019 (Booklet)
GSH Conference – Moving Humanities: Finding Meaning
Radboud University Nijmegen, 24 October 2019 (Booklet)
- RMEMS (Radboud Medieval and Early Modern Studies)
Board member, Radboud University Nijmegen, 2017-2020
- POL (Promovendi Overleg Letteren)
Official representative of Arts PhD’s, Radboud University Nijmegen, 2017-2019
- Social media posts for the Dutch Embassy in Warsaw
Twice a month, starting in October 2020, I write social media posts on Dutch-Polish historical relations for the Dutch Embassy in Warsaw. These are published on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, and aim to acquaint a wide audience with a shared Dutch-Polish past.
- Management of the NL_Wetenschap account on Twitter
From 16 to 22 November, 2020, I managed the NL_Wetenschap account on Twitter. The account is an initiative of the VSNU (Vereniging van Universiteiten: Association of Universities) and it aims to engage a large audience with all fields of scholarship and science. Sharing my research with thousands of followers was highly motivating.
- Online exhibition on General Maczek
In May 2020, I edited the Dutch and English versions of the online Black Devils exhibition on General Stanisław Maczek and his 1st Armoured Division, organized by the Polish History Museum.
- Short film: Why learning Polish in the Netherlands is a good idea!
In February 2019, I participated in a short film entitled ‘Waarom Pools leren in Nederland een goed idee is!’ (‘Why learning Polish in the Netherlands is a good idea!’), in which I spoke about the historical relations between the Netherlands and Poland.